Business Full Fibre Broadband
Speed & Capacity to meet your business needs
Full fibre broadband for business can be from two to five times faster than residential connections, as well a receiving priority OpenReach support.
There are a number of considerations when choosing the right Broadband package for your business.
- How many users do you want to connect?
- How much data will you need at busy times?
- What cloud services do you subscribe to?
Fibre broadband is available to over 90% of UK business premises providing the most cost-effective and reliable service. We take a look at some of the things you need to consider:
What business broadband options are available?
Broadband - ADSL (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line)
This is the most basic broadband connection. ADSL (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line) provides Data frequencies using a micro-filter over a single copper wire. This is the most common service for home users, but due to the architecture of the copper wire, is the least reliable.
Average Speeds: 128k – 10Mbps
Fibre Broadband - FTTC (Fibre To The Cabinet)
Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) uses fibre cable from the telephone exchange to your nearest street cabinet. The final stage of your connection uses traditional copper wire. The speed you can achieve depends largely on your distance from the street cabinet. This service offers the minimum level of reliability we recommend for business users.
Speed 10Mbps – 76Mbps
Full Fibre Broadband - FTTP (Fibre To The Pemises)
Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) is end-to-end fibre optic connection. The greatest advantage of an FTTP connection is that the speed is not affected by distance. Since the connection is still from the telephone exchange to a street cabinet though a shared connection, the bandwidth can be affected at peak times by other users on the network.
Speed up to 500Mbps (FTTP may be subject to a one-off connection fee)
Dedicated Leased Line
When upload is just as important as download a leased line provides a symmetrical connection. This means upload is just as fast as download. Very different to the services above, a leased line does not use the Public network and is dedicated for your use and the speed is never compromised.
Speeds up to 1,000Mbps (1 gigabit)
Saving you money
The efficiency gained from a fast internet connection can save your business money over time, but there are other indirect savings you can also benefit from right away:
- VoIP telephony will improve the way you communicate and collaborate, whether you’re a small or large business. It will allow your team to communicate with customers, colleagues or partners on real-time video calls from all over the world, growing your business and allowing you to access new markets.
- Cloud software allows multiple users to share a secure workspace and collaborate on projects, documents and videos seamlessly. And with most cloud services you only pay for what you need.
- Backup and server replication services keep you running if disaster strikes. Run an overnight backup to the cloud keeps your data safe while everyone sleeps.
DISCOVER BUSINESS BROADBAND